Sunday 11 March 2012

The better me within

Week Nine is still as busy and as fruitful. While going over the final project, I got to do more reflection on my teaching. There always leaves something to be desired no matter how experienced a teacher I am according to my age and the 28 years of teaching career. I am proud of myself for never giving up to be a wiser and better or should I say a more efficient and effective teacher for over these years. I have always expose myself to something helpful to my teaching. I can consider myself an early adopter in almost everything.
 I am planning to retire from my current job next year, but my ambition for making the world a better place and my love for bringing up every child, leaving no one left behind shall never cease.
 Several of the students who graduated years ago address me as their mentor. But there are still a lot I can do to adjust my teaching so that I can assist my students to be more efficient learners. They are happy in my class, but I want more than making them happy. I would like them to be someone with life skills and competences when they leave my classroom. For long, I have lacked the part of setting very specific assessment criteria so that some of my students might have been lost and confused for having no directions to follow. Take it seriously. I might even have deprived their opportunities to be autonomous learners because they were there to wait for my next instruction step by step.
Nevertheless, I am not upset or frustrated because I know in my heart there lives an even better me when tomorrow comes only if I don’t stop myself from learning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment